President & CEO
- ‘Old School’ but has no issue remaining modern in order to stay above the competition
- 47 years of experience in the produce industry. First job in a warehouse at age 12.
- Face to face & calling > texting & e-mail : but willing to balance all forms of communication
- Quick to “burn out the fire”. Produce is ever changing. Need to flexible. Not a lot of time from when the product is ready to when the customer wants it on their dock. There are few that know it better than Gary.
- Active in the community, but would rather stay behind the scenes. Not interested in being recognized for donations. Very humble.
- WMU Grad - Food Marketing
Director of Logistics
- Steve joined the team in September of 2013.
- Grand Valley State University Alumni - Supply Chain Management and Sales/Marketing
- Assisted the development of an auto service company prior to beginning the next chapter of Vine Line (formerly known as Custom Logistics, Inc.)
- Grew up around the produce industry given the father-son relationship with the owner.
Logistics Sales, LTL Specialist
- Spencer joined the team in April of 2011.
- Versed in all the service areas of Vine Line Logistics as the oldest member of the team alongside his father Gary Lyons.
- Western Michigan University Alumni - Food Marketing
- Worked for Nolan Transportation Group (NTG) for 2 years post-college and learned the “ins and outs” of transportation brokerage
- Worked in a produce warehouse in high-school and college.
Carrier Development Manager
- Eric joined our team in April of 2017 developing our Carrier Network.
- GVSU Alumni - Operations, Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Dispatcher / Customer Service Associate
- Matt joined our team in April of 2019 to support the dispatching/track & trace of our growing freight network.
- Northwood University Alumni - Business Administration and Management
- Anne joined our team in November of 2019 to support our new business development initiative.
- She comes with us a wealth of refrigerated and produce transportation knowledge and experience.